Automation trends are no longer a new topic, as many companies have already taken the first steps towards automating repetitive tasks. Various divisions of activity, which involve a significant amount of time and human energy to achieve, can already enjoy the benefits of automation. Software robots already appeared a few years ago, and now the process is based on developing new skills to help businesses more.
The period of uncertainty in the last two years has also left its mark on the way companies operate. However, one thing was sure for everyone: automation has grown steadily, overstepped borders and spanned global businesses, and has come up with innovative solutions to complex problems.
How far will automation go in 2022?
The development potential of automation systems is enormous, given that these technologies are only in an early stage of life. The analysis and forecasts give us a brief look at next year’s automation trends, but we need to consider that the possibilities are endless.
Five automation trends for next year
1. Robotic Process Automation is a prominent leader over other business process optimization systems. In terms of automation solutions, competitiveness seems to be growing fiercer as artificial intelligence develops and solutions appear in increasing amounts. More than that, RPA will be a leader in automation processes, but other technologies designed to streamline work will adapt to RPA’s progress. According to UiPath, the high implementation rate of RPA among new companies is not de only reason for this growth. Companies that automated a part of the business extended the automation system to all their levels. Gartner claims that RPA was the fastest-growing segment in 2020 for the enterprise software services market. This solution continues to grow today, building new skills and providing more and more benefits for companies that adopt it.
2. Automation extends to higher levels of enterprises. Large companies have to take a lot of financial or legal aspects into account for the excellent development of the activity from all industries. Many documents and administrative processes range from the most straightforward actions (like transport and logistics[IT1] [IT2] companies) to the most complex management and decision-making processes. RPA is a helpful tool at any business level, from the simplest to the most complex. Software robots can automate repetitive tasks at any level of the enterprise. Automation at every level of a company is an almost natural process, taking into account the general social rush for digital transformation and simplifying daily activities through technology.
3. Artificial Intelligence is becoming more and more present in the business. At this point, software robots can only perform tasks if programmed and learn in detail how to perform each action. These robots mimic human behavior like clicking, type, copy and paste, and sending. However, with the development of Artificial Intelligence and its combination with Robotic Process Automation, a new concept appears – Intelligent Automation. This complex project promises to bring significant benefits soon for any business, regardless of industry or size. With AI, software robots will perform various tasks without the need for step-by-step instructions. The role of Artificial Intelligence is to recognize business processes and guide software robots in performing multiple actions. The only human intervention required in this process is the request to complete a task.
4. Technology is migrating to the Cloud. We are already familiar with terms such as Process-as-a-Service, Software-as-a-Service, and to complete this list, Robot-as-a-Service joins. With the advent of numerous RPA solutions, the automation services market is becoming more flexible and tends to adapt to customers’ immediate needs. Thus, the RaaS solution has grown. This solution offers the same advantages as RPA. The difference between these two concepts, for the most part, is related to accessibility. Because RaaS is in the Cloud, it is much more accessible and needs only a minimum of financial resources and infrastructure to be adopted.
5. The workforce will be both human and digital. Solutions to optimize HR-related processes are becoming increasingly popular, as this department now faces a new challenge: harmonizing the digital workforce with human employees. Lately, jobs have undergone significant changes and have constantly been subject to optimization trends. Working from home has shown us the importance of technology in creating a safe work environment in any situation. Automation is a natural ally for all employees, thanks to the simplification of work. The process of integrating software robots between employees is one of the tasks that human resources employees will perform in the coming year. Fortunately, training and adapting to this type of technology is effortless, so the benefits of automation appear on all business plans in a short time.
CIOs place more value on automation than ever before
As we have seen, automation trends are predictable, considering the growth that has brought us by surprise in recent years. Today, our expectations have risen, and automation solutions tend to rise above expectations. It would not be surprising if these solutions exceeded expectations and offered more efficient and innovative solutions than we can imagine at the moment. What is certain is that CIOs have already become aware of the importance of automation in a partially digital world and are beginning to increasingly integrate automation solutions into their short, medium, and long-term development strategies.
Business process automation has proven to be a trend in itself over time. Developed RPA solutions will generate higher revenue and more efficient work. You are just one step away from taking your business to another level – contact us!